Wednesday, December 10, 2008

DECA Area

On December 9th, 2008 i competed at DECA area. this year i was in Technical Sales, and i had to come up with a Wii and Accessories package to sell to a retirement home. i was really nervous but i knew i would do well because i did a tremendous amount of research and studying! i probably worked on my powerpoint for about 20 total hours, and about 5 hours doing practice tests.
i ended up getting a 91 out of 100 on my presentation, and a 63% on my 100 point test.
i got 1st place on my presentation, and 3rd on my test score, so overall i got 2nd place!!!!
this means i'm off to state and i'm so excited! :)

3 comments:

Karen said...

im so proud of you. good job

Anonymous said...

That is awesome, way to go. It is good to hear an update. I wish I was there to say congrats in person. Good luck with state. Work hard and you will do great. I miss you and keep my Dad in line for me. :-) Love you lots!

Julie Carr said...

You are awesome!
I know you will do great at STATE!
CONGRATZ on 2nd.
Love MOM